Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Clinical Nurse II
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Nursing Job ID: JR43195 Date posted: 02/12/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Rotating (United States of America)Clinical Nurse II
Job Description:Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. The Clinical Nurse II utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional registered nurse and provides direct nursing care to patients and families. Training, evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
- Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary nursing judgments. Responsible for systematically assessing the health care needs of individuals or groups and for the formulation of a care plan, its implementation and evaluation. Demonstrates the ability for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with practical experience in caring for patients
- Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable and timely, patient-centered care. Demonstrates awareness of environmental forces on health care of patients and their families. Demonstrates the ability to identify resources necessary to implement the plan of care.
- Works in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients and families. Develops relationships with patients and families that maintain and communicate trust and respect. Communicates effectively in the exchange of information. Demonstrate the ability to act as a patient advocate.
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Identifies needs for continued growth and development in conjunction with the unit based educator or clinical nurse specialist. Participates in activities that contribute to professional development of self May participate in quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patients, staff, and to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The individual nursing practice reflects the goals of the Medical Center. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own nursing practice and patient safety
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required. Baccalaureate degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities