Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Nurse Practitioner/NP (T2) - Cardiology (Full Time)
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Advanced Practitioner / Advance Practice Provider / Physician Assistant Job ID: JR40808 Date posted: 02/12/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)The Cardiology Nurse Practitioner team is growing, and we're looking for dedicated individuals to join us at BIDMC. As a valued member of our Cardiology Nurse Practitioner Service, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Handle intricate cardiovascular disorders with skill and expertise.
- Analyze and interpret laboratory results and diagnostic images.
- Conduct and document thorough evaluations for inpatient, outpatient, and preoperative/pre-procedure cases, including detailed history and physical examinations.
- Manage patients with electrophysiology disorders such as AF, SVT, and Bradycardia.
- Navigate the care of patients with ACS, addressing chest pain and STEMI.
- Provide oversight for patients post-cardiac catheterization and PCI.
- Offer clinical management for patients undergoing Structural Heart Procedures like TAVR, Mitral Clip, and Watchman.
- Take responsibility for admitting, discharging, and transferring patients within the institution.
- Collaborate seamlessly with multidisciplinary teams to deliver exceptional and comprehensive patient care.
If you're ready to be part of a dynamic and expanding team, apply now to make a meaningful impact in the field of Advanced Practice Cardiology!
Performs history and physical examinations, formulation of care plans, ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests and provides education to patients and their families.
Acts as an educator and serves as a clinical resource for staff through consultation formal and informal education, review of literature and participation in seminars and conferences.
Coordinates the care of patients in order to provide safe, effective, efficient and timely patient centered care. Liaises between visiting nurses, clinical staff and consult services. Care plans and execution of those plans should encompass the entire service to tie the service together. Consults with physicians or surgeons regarding the care of patients for more complex diagnosis.
Document clinical encounters clearly, precisely and in a timely manner.
Works in a collaborative relationship with other health professional to determine health needs of patients and families. Demonstrates and role models an interdisciplinary collaborate approach to patient care.
Provide direct patient care and management for all opiod patients.
- Master's degree required in Nursing. Master's degree preferred.
- License required: Nursing License, and Certificate 1 required: Basic Life Support
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG
- Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and Federal DEA
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise.
- Experience in Pain Management preferred.
Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities