Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Psychiatry Addictions Social Worker
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Category: Social Services Job ID: JR42447 Date posted: 02/01/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)The primary responsibilities of the Addiction Clinical Social Worker (ACSW) are to practice clinical social work at an advanced level independent of regular clinical supervision and be responsible for psychosocial, assessment, treatment, and follow-up for patients and families, as well as consultation and education for substance use disorders on the inpatient services.
The ACSW will also play an integral role as a core member of the Addiction Psychiatry team in developing programs throughout BIDMC.
The ACSW will collaborate with Physicians, Nurses, internal and external Case Managers, other community agencies and providers, and other health care professionals to implement total patient care.
- Screens and triages patients who request service, are referred, or meet screening criteria.
- Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides indicated services including crisis intervention, short term counseling, psychotherapy and group services.
- Assists with discharge planning and/or outpatient continuity of care.
- Provides consultation to the team around patient management, risk management and ethical issues.
- Documents assessments and care plans in medical record. Meets productivity standards and expectations as set by the leadership in Social Work and the assigned clinical area.
- Demonstrates advanced organizational and systems thinking. This includes but is not limited to: Identification of practice and systems issues, development of new modes of approaching systems and/or clinical problems. May initiate or participate in research.
- Demonstrates leadership within one's social work group, service area and in the Medical Center.
- This includes regularly leading segments of the team's work. Initiates and/or acts as a leader for small projects or work groups. Voices ideas and constructively participates in Departmental and interdisciplinary CQI activities.
- Demonstrates an adult learning style by seeking opportunities for continued growth and setting goals for own professional development.
- Assumes some regular responsibility for conducting seminars, primary supervision of social work staff and/or students; formal and informal interdisciplinary teaching and consultation.
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- LCSW or LMHC required
- License Lic Indep Clinical Social Work (LICSW) preferred
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Current MA license or license from a state with reciprocity. If licensed in another state, expected to obtain MA license within 3-6 months.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities