Learn more about working at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
Social Worker LCSW or LICSW
Burlington, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Category: Social Services Job ID: JR41206 Date posted: 02/07/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)$3,500 signing bonus for Social Worker LCSW or LICSW. Important Details: Signing Bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) of upon completion of the first 30 days of hire and your second payment (half of the total amount) upon completion of 6 months of hire. The bonus payments will be paid on the next regular pay day following the date on which you become eligible for the bonus. All payments are subject to applicable taxes.
Provides counseling, support, crisis intervention and other social work services to patients and their families. Provides clinical intervention for individual, family and groups. Assists patients through advocacy procedures. Adheres to and promotes the Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Conducts psychosocial assessments:
- Adheres to regulations and department policy.
- Confers with caregivers and family members.
- Communicates all relevant information to other health care providers.
- Identifies situations requiring high risk screen review.
2) Works collaboratively with care providers:
- Responds to consults for assessment from any health care professional.
- Works with other members of the healthcare team regarding patient and family issues related to complicated discharges.
- Addresses issues from both the inpatient and outpatient clinics
3) Provides individual family and group support
- Identifies informational and support needs of patients and families.
- Initiates family and community meetings as needed.
- Develops and adheres to treatment plans.
- Provides disease specific counseling and rehabilitation sessions.
- Responds to requests for intervention and/or counseling from patient or family.
4) Initiates Clinical Intervention:
- Recommends and conducts short term counseling to patients and families.
- Develops treatment plan and goals according to patient’s age, circumstances and clinical issues.
- Provides crisis intervention for trauma patients or in cases of abuse.
5) Contributes to departmental functioning by:
- Quality improvement activities
- Participating in meetings
- Committee participation
- Community projects
- Supervision of interns
- Providing support groups and/or participating in disease specific clinic
6) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
7) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
8) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
9) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
10) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
11) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
12) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
13) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
14) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: MSW from an accredited school of social work with a concentration in health care
Licensure, Certification, Registration: LCSW or LICSW
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards. Excellent communication skills both oral and written, ability to negotiate in health care systems. Basic knowledge of Quality Improvement techniques.
- Experience in providing social work services preferably in an acute care setting or other health care environment.
- Experience providing short term counseling and crisis intervention.
- Experience in running therapy and psycho educational groups.
Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is now offering up to a $3,500 signing bonus for Social Worker LCSW or LICSW. Important Details: Signing Bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) of upon completion of the first 30 days of hire and your second payment (half of the total amount) upon completion of 6 months of hire. The bonus payments will be paid on the next regular pay day following the date on which you become eligible for the bonus. All payments are subject to applicable taxes.
To be eligible:
- Current and former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. Employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12-months. Employee must be in good standing to receive the bonus at the time of payment.
- • Signing Bonus is determined on a full-time status of 40 hours. Hours less than 40 hours will be prorated. Per Diem roles are not eligible.
- If you leave Lahey Hospital & Medical Center before your first anniversary you will pay back the signing bonus.
- • Please note, signing bonuses are subject to change based on the organizations hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/LHMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change signing bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities