Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham
Utility-Stock-Dishwasher (Per Diem)
Needham, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham Category: Food / Dietary Services Job ID: JR43341 Date posted: 02/08/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Rotating (United States of America)Job Summary: Sets up dish station, and three bay sink and washes pots, pans, china, silverware and tools and equipment according to sanitary procedures. Stocks cook stations and tray line with clean dishes. Retrieves dirty trays from patient floors according to hospital standards. May need to stock kitchenettes and outpatient areas according to par levels. Records stock taken on sheets provided. Take refrigerator temperatures and dish machine temperatures and records them, on a daily basis. Assist in received and putting away deliveries. Removes trash from kitchen and café, and washes floor throughout production areas. Performs daily, weekly and monthly cleaning jobs. Maintains the cleanliness of the dish room and machine at all times.
Job Description:Essential Responsibilities:
- Retrieves and cleans patient dishes in a timely manner. Always leaves an empty cart for unit to use. Stocks station with clean china etc. before meal service.
- Removes trash in a timely manner from the kitchen and café, and places trash and cardboard in the appropriate receptacles.
- Records dish machine temps and pressure on a daily basis. Records kitchenette temperature's when doing stock on a daily basis. Records stocking levels on par sheets.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities