Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Nursing Job ID: JR42798 Date posted: 02/10/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)40hpw, Day Shift Rotating weekends and holidays
- Shares in implementing patient/caregiver plan of care during hours working.
- Accesses all pertinent information from the Hospice EMR (PTCT)
- Triages all calls, makes pro-active visits, makes visits to attain symptom management in response to all patient/family calls
- Maintains the same level of service to patients and families during the night shift as is expected during routine business hours
- Arranges equipment and medication procurement as needed
- Collaborates with patient’s primary MD and/or the Hospice Medical Director as needed
- Understands the requirements and limitations of providing hospice care in skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and group homes.
- Is able to access relevant psychosocial information about home situations that may impact care delivery
- Communicates with the Administrator On-Call to report potential problems or request additional resources
- Communicates with social work and chaplain as needed, initiates request for Vigil Volunteer as needed
- Performs RN Pronouncement, in all settings except acute care hospitals
- Provides support to families at the time of death in all settings
- Makes pro-active visits to patients who are at high risk, are new to hospice, or are on GIP level of care in hospitals or skilled nursing facilities
- Maintains regular and timely communication to other team members, by phone and through timely documentation in the Hospice EMR (PTCT)
- Provides RN visits to patients during regular business hours on a rotating basis to improve continuity in patient care and to increase team collaboration
- Completes Admissions to hospice as needed
- Provides coverage for Intake/Referral as needed
- Completes supervision of Hospice Aides in Skilled Nursing Facilities between the hours of 7AM and 8AM when assigned.
- Assists in preparing the visit schedule for the next business day
- Completes chart audits, quality data extraction, medication reconciliation and patient data input and completes documentation of those activities per shift.
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Knowledge of pain and symptom management at end-of-life
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of terminal care/expertise in hospice philosophy
- Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in a variety of settings
- Ability to provide won transportation evenings and nights
- Demonstrated to manage multiple crisis situations simultaneously with limited resources
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to function independently and triage care
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- BS Degree or matriculation towards a BSN recommended
- CHPN preferred
- Current Massachusetts professional RN license
- Hospice and/or home care experience required
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities