Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Hospice Clinical Staff Educator
Woburn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home Category: Nurse Education Job ID: JR39549 Date posted: 12/19/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
What You’ll Do:
The Hospice Clinical Staff Educator is a professional Registered Nurse with in-depth technical expertise and competency in the practice of hospice clinical skills. Assumes responsibility for staff orientation, competency assessment, and professional development of the clinical staff on assigned teams. Serves as a role model in advancing clinical practice to achieve better patient outcomes. Provides leadership for the support and development of clinical staff, working collaboratively to plan, develop, and facilitate opportunities for staff to continuously refine and advance their competencies in patient care, teaching, critical thinking and judgement.
- Oversee orientation for newly hired staff.
- Assess the competency level of incoming staff and establishes individual plans to ensure competency requirements of clinical staff are achieved.
- Support preceptors and managers in assisting newly hired clinicians in the successful transition to the hospice specialty as practiced at Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home.
- Coach and evaluate clinical/critical thinking skills of staff and provides timely feedback to clinical leadership staff on performance expectations.
- Conduct onsite training of a wide variety of clinical skills in a classroom setting and during patient home visits.
- Complete joint visits and acts as a resource for ongoing skill development of clinical staff.
- Identify unique and creative ways to provide learning experiences and evaluate performance and competencies.
- Assist in creating ongoing educational opportunities for field clinicians.
- Research best practice and promote excellence in evidence-based practice and quality performance.
- Develop, update and effectively present education programs to a variety of audiences, including external referral sources. Information is presented utilizing concepts of adult learning principles.
- Ensure clinicians on assigned teams successfully complete annual competencies.
- Work closely with Epic instructional design team to ensure training is consistent and effectively supports clinical best practices.
- Participate in the development of specialized clinical programs and training the relevant skill set requirements within those programs.
- Responsible for TB testing for new hires for assigned teams.
- Participate in annual employee flu vaccine program.
What You’ll Need:
- An active valid Massachusetts RN license;
- An active American Health Association BLS certification;
- Associate’s Degree or BSN (preferred) from an accredited school of nursing;
- 3-5 years recent experience in hospice, with at least 1 year of experience as a hospice case manager.
- 1-2 years as clinical educator or similar role preferred
- 1-2 years of Epic Remote Client experience is a plus
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities