Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Diagnostic Imaging Job ID: JR22824 Date posted: 05/26/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)24hpw; 9:00am-5:30pm; Rotating weekend and holidays, On-Call
- Performs ultrasound procedures according to policies and procedures.
- Assesses and recognizes significance of structures visualized, differentiates normal from abnormal anatomy and extends scope of exam when necessary.
- Completes sonographer impression sheets.
- Maintains department records, enters charges and maintains files.
- Integrates and coordinates the delivery of Ultrasound services with other departments and external customers with a strong focus on customer service and service excellence.
- Assure proper equipment function and repair. Reports need for service for malfunctioning equipment to manager.
- Demonstrates Ultrasound equipment to staff and visitors as appropriate.
- Orients and trains new staff to departmental and Hospital wide policies and procedures.
- Supports manager’s vision of service excellence as a high priority to all customers maintaining the patient as a primary focus.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with patients, patient’s families, staff, physicians and medical office personnel.
- Maintains a positive attitude and conducts oneself in a professional manner consistent with Beth Israel Deaconess Plymouth Core Values.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- New graduates accepted, must obtain RDMS status within one year
- Clinical rotations in accredited Ultrasound program. Must include abdomen, OB-GYN and small parts.
- Vascular experience a plus.
- Ability to work at a quick pace with minimal supervision.
- Ability to concentrate, prioritize in multitask setting.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Graduate of AMA approved Ultrasound program or on the job training with registration.
- ARDMS registration in Abdomen and OB/GYN
- DVT vascular experience preferred.
- Breast registration a plus.
- Some OB experience preferred