Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Hospice RN Case Manager
Woburn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home Category: Care Management / Patient Care Coordination Job ID: JR42216 Date posted: 01/23/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home is looking for RNs who want to join our Home Hospice team! Here at BILHAH, we keep our travel territories small to ensure that patient care comes first. We are offering Monday through Friday day shifts for the following territories:
Danvers, MA and surrounding towns
Woburn, MA and surrounding towns
What You’ll Do:
The Hospice RN Case Manager plans and delivers care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and other interdisciplinary team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing and clinical competency.
- Complete and document an initial assessment of patient and family to determine hospice care needs.
- Perform a complete physical assessment of patient and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provide information to the patient and family regarding the dying process and expectations.
- Develop a patient-specific plan of care, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and palliative nursing actions with emphasis on pain and symptom management.
- Provide instruction to patient and family regarding medication actions, side effects, dosage, route, and frequency;
- Provide documentation of services utilizing problem-oriented record;
- Instruct and supervise care given by Hospice Aides; Supervise the care provided by the Hospice Aide every two (2) weeks minimally, and as needed.
- Participate in bi-weekly hospice case conference or as required.
What You’ll Need:
- Associate’s Degree or BSN (preferred) from an accredited school of nursing;
- An active valid Massachusetts RN license;
- An active American Health Association BLS certification;
- At least 1 year of direct care nursing experience, preferably the area of public health or home care nursing; OASIS and/or EPIC experience is preferred.
What You’ll Get:
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package, including generous PTO, 403(b), and tuition reimbursement
- A sign-on bonus of up to $10,000(conditions apply)
- A reasonable geographic territory with strong clinical support resources
- A highly inclusive, diverse team that values the input of all staff to provide excellent patient care
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities