Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - SBHC (36/D/E)
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Technician Job ID: JR41918 Date posted: 01/27/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)36hpw; 7:00 am - 7:30 pm, rotating weekends and holidays
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth recognizes Integrity, Respect, Trust, Teamwork and Excellence as the Core Values of our organization. It is the philosophy of BID-Plymouth to follow the LEAN methodology in order to provide the full continuum of health care services and the best quality patient centered care.
- Admission/Transfer/Discharge Functions. Ready patient’s room, greet and escort patient to their room, inventory possessions, assist with labeling/packing/unpacking personal possessions.
- Food Service Functions. Prepare patients for meals, serve food trays and snacks, record food/fluid intake, keep water pitchers filled, assist with after meal care.
- Personnel Functions. Perform all tasks in accordance with policies/procedures, report all complaints/grievances made by the patient.
- Personal Nursing Care Functions. Assist/provide patients with oral hygiene, bath/shower functions, dressing/undressing, bowel/bladder functions, transporting, vital signs, weights, etc
- Provide all functions as delegated by Registered Nursing Staff.
- Ensure patient room is ready for expected admission, i.e., name tags, admission kit, etc.
- Intervene early and appropriately during periods of patient cognitive/behavioral disturbances.
- Inventory patient’s personal laundry – launder/dry clothing
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- 1-2 years CNA experience--long term care.
- Written and verbal English skills at 12th grade level.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis at 12th grade level
- Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
- Current SECURE Training or training completed within 1 year
This job requires frequent bending, carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, walking and lifting over 10 lbs. There will be occasional need for climbing stairs, lifting in excess of 50 – 100 lbs and sitting. Constant use of hearing, sight and speech. Frequent use of smell and touch. Frequent keyboard and telephone use. Constant concentration and problem solving.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities