Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
HOSPICE OFFSHIFT CLINICAL SUPERVISOR
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Hospice & Palliative Care Job ID: JR30912 Date posted: 09/19/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)40hpw; Day shift
In accordance with Agency policy, supervises staff, establishes, maintains, and evaluates nursing standards of care and service for the Agency. Collaborates with peers and colleagues within the Agency and service community for effective coordination of services, and participates in community organizations and education programs. Responsible as a member of the IDT for assigned functions relating coordinating referrals and admitting patients, providing services and information and being liaison with inpatient and outpatient institutions and groups identifies as referral sources.
- Supports the philosophy and mission Cranberry Hospice & Palliative Care in providing high quality hospice care to patients and families
- Provides leadership, support and development of staff
- Responsible for administratively coordinating the evening and night staff and in the care of patients on hospice service, during week and on weekends. Sets expectations and responsibilities for evening and night RN staff.
- Acts as a resource, in “real time” to evening and night RN staff in coordination with the Administrator On-Call.
- In collaboration with other designated administrative staff, may provide coverage on weekends or holidays as requested.
- Provides direct patient care, as necessary.
- Notifies Clinical Director or Hospice Administrator on-call of any unusual occurrences, emergencies, or serious reportable events.
- Supervises nursing staff and nursing practice consistent with Agency and professional standards and policies.
- Participates in the recruitment and retention of nursing staff.
- Ensures the orientation of new staff in collaboration with the Hospice Clinical Director.
- Evaluates, counsels and helps create corrective action plans around staff competency.
- Identifies education needs and participates in educational programs.
- Ensures adherence to federal and state regulations, and Agency policies.
- Communicates regularly with nursing staff, peers and immediate supervisor.
- Participates in the supervision of staff and patients during non-business hours.
- Participates with the Hospice Director in planning, implementation and evaluation of new programs, including the evaluation and revision of existing programs.
- Participates in the Agency Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Program including quality review of clinical documentation.
- Assists in monitoring clinical budget, including staffing levels and productivity standards.
- Develops organizes and schedules health promotion/community health events.
- Participates in communities and organizations relevant to public health, homecare, hospice, professional practice and communities served by the Agency.
- Intakes referrals and performs preadmission screenings for prospective hospice patients and palliative care patients in hospital, ECF, home and community settings as requested.
- Works in conjunction with the Billing Coordinator to ensure that provider/payer requirements are communicated to appropriate agency program staff.
- Maintains data on all referrals and monitors conversions/ treatment decisions and admissions/referrals that occur on evening and nights.
- Coordinates with hospital and physician referral sources as requested.
- Develops and maintains relationships with contracted nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and group homes for the assessing, planning and coordinating of the care of patients in these settings during non-business hours.
- Coordinates and supervises the planning, implementation and delivery of direct clinical services to SNF and ALF residents by members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Facilitate Group Support for night and evening staff.
- Provides and develops collaborative relationships with other community agencies and referral sources, building visibility of CH&PC in the community.
- Design and implementation of programs designed to increase patient/family and referral source satisfaction.
- Rotates Administrator On-Call support to field staff as needed.
- Assumes on-call responsibility as needed.
- Other responsibilities as directed.
- Current Massachusetts RN license
- BSN or working towards
- Minimum three years management experience in hospice or related setting
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of hospice practice
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and customer service approach in hospice or related setting
- Working knowledge of hospice EMR, Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- CHPN preferred
Majority of work is done while sitting with intermittent standing and walking and occasional bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. Handling light materials. Requires sustained visual attention and concentration. Potential exposure to blood, body fluids, and other infectious materials is low.